TWO POSITIONS OF ASSISTANT PROFESSOR AT THE DEPARTMENTS OF CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY AND PHYSIOLOGY
FACULTY OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
JOINT CALL OF THE DEPARTMENT OF CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY AND THE DEPARTMENT OF PHYSIOLOGY FOR TWO POSITIONS OF ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITIONS:
The School of Biological Sciences invites applications for two Assistant Professor Positions (tenure-track), one at the Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology and the other at the Department of Physiology. The positions are full time and subjected to periodic academic evaluations by the School of Biological Sciences, as established in the academic regulations of the University. The selected applicants must demonstrate the ability to develop an independent line of research in Cellular and Molecular Biology or Physiology and to obtain external competitive funds to finance their research. We encourage applying those who have completed their doctoral and postdoctoral studies outside the Faculty of Biological Sciences of the Pontifical Catholic University of Chile.
AVAILABILITY OF THE POSITIONS:
• To perform independent research at the highest scientific level.
• To teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
• To complete the APPLICATION FORM available here
• To have a Ph.D. and possess postdoctoral training or equivalent.
• To demonstrate ability to develop an independent research program that allows to the candidate to obtain extramurally funded research support on the short term.
• Undergraduate and graduate teaching experience is desirable.
• Quality of the scientific production.
• Level of expertise on the research area to be developed at the School of Biological Sciences.
• Feasibility of development and integration at the School of Biological Sciences, according to the description of his/her research and academic proposal presented in the Application Form.
• All the information requested in the Application Form. This is, curricular information, a brief description of his/her research (4,000 characters including spaces), and a proposal of academic insertion (maximum 8,000 characters including spaces), indicating date (month and year) from which he/she would be available to be incorporated into the Faculty.
• Five PDF reprints of the most relevant publications.
• Two confidential letters of reference that must be sent directly (via e-mail) to the Academic Secretariat of the School of Biological Sciences.
• A copy of the Ph.D. degree and a track record of postdoctoral training.
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION OF THE APPLICATIONS:
Deadline: December 1st, 2017 at Noon