Martes, 29 Enero 2019
The Institute for Biological and Medical Engineering of the Schools of Engineering, Medicine and Biological Sciences of the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile invite applications for two full-time faculty positions.
We will consider exceptional candidates with demonstrated academic experience in any of the research and teaching areas of the Institute (see iibm.uc.cl).
Duties: The duties associated with the position include creating a strong independent research program, teaching (at undergraduate and graduate levels), outreach and carrying out administrative tasks. The candidates applying to these positions should conduct high impact research in any of the areas of the Institute:
• Biomedical Imaging: Image Acquisition, Reconstruction, Processing and Modelling.
• Cellular and Molecular Engineering: Protein Engineering, Synthetic Biology, Systems Biology, Computational Biology, Computational Biophysics, Biofilms, Biocatalysis, Biotechnology
• Tissue Engineering: Regenerative Medicine, Tissue Regeneration, Biomaterials.
•Biomechanics and Quantitative Physiology: Mathematical Physiology, Physiological Monitoring, Computational Biomechanics, Cell Mechanics, Mechanobiology, Medical Devices, Medical Instrumentation, Computational Medicine.
Priority will be given to candidates who work in areas complementary to the ones already covered by our faculty members.
Ph.D. in Engineering, Biological Sciences, Medicine or a related discipline. Applicants should be proactive on pursuing independent research lines, able to work collaboratively, and show evidence of interdisciplinary collaboration. Preference will be given to candidates with potential to synergistically collaborate with the existing faculty members in one of the research areas of the Institute mentioned above. Candidates do not need to speak Spanish at the time of applying, but should be prepared to learn the language well enough to begin teaching in Spanish in the short term.
Applicants must demonstrate potential for excellence and a strong vocation for all aspects of academic life, be highly motivated to continuously improve their teaching skills, have a genuine interest in getting involved with our graduate programs and be able to develop and maintain an active research agenda. The position also includes the need to create new undergraduate and graduate courses and to support teaching of traditional courses in related areas.
1. Research statement (in English) indicating immediate and long term goals for your research plan. Detail potential collaboration networks with other researchers and plans for interactions with scientists in Chile and other countries.
2. Teaching statement of purpose (in English) indicating why you should be considered for the position and your plans for teaching. Be as specific as possible, e.g. giving examples of how you aim to transfer your knowledge to undergraduate and graduate students.
3. Up-to-date curriculum vitae in English – see note B.
4. Copies of your five most important Web of Science publications highlighting their contribution to science and engineering. Include a full list of articles you consider relevant in the context of your application.
5. In addition, candidates should arrange for at least three letters of recommendation to be emailed directly
This position is available immediately. Please include in your application the date in which you will be available.
Once the complete set of application materials has been received, the applicant will be contacted within two months and informed whether or not his/her application has been accepted for further consideration. If this initial screening is successful, the candidate will be asked to give a lecture on his/her current research topics and hold interviews with the Director of the Institute, the Deans and members of the Selection Committee.
The applicant will have the option to update the documentation, or may be requested to do so.
The CV must be organized along the following lines:
1. Personal background: name, address, contact telephone (with country and city codes), e-mail address, web page (if any)
2. Education: list of all degrees or professional titles obtained with granting institutions and dates.
3. Educational experience (university or institution, courses taught, years).
4. Professional experience (company, tasks, years)
a. List of Web of Science journal publications. Please avoid including other publications, such as non WoS journals, conference presentations, etc (you can include these in section 5.b).
b. List of other publications such as non WoS Journals, reports, books or book chapters, attended conferences, research projects participated in, patents, etc.
c. Other: Awards, computing abilities, languages, other background information that you consider relevant.